SOLUBLE FIBRE BLEND provides a Certified Organic, non-GMO blend of Baobab and Acacia fibres that help to manage weight, lower cholesterol, reduce heart disease risk, and promote healthy digestion.
Fibre is the part of plant material that our bodies can’t break down and use as a fuel source, but it plays a very important role in our digestive pathway and is crucial to our overall health. There are two types of fibre: soluble and insoluble.
Insoluble fibre does not completely break down and is left intact as “roughage” as it moves through the digestive tract. Think of it like the fibrous parts of celery.
Soluble fibre, as the name suggests, dissolves in water and it becomes a gel-like substance in our digestive system. It is found in beans, seeds, lentils, oats, barley and some fruits and vegetables. Think of it like the sticky consistency of oatmeal: the gel-like matrix slows digestion to provide a variety of health benefits.
- Weight management: Keeps us feeling full for longer to curb appetite, reduce sugar cravings, and prevent some fats from being absorbed.
- Lowers cholesterol: Reduces the amount of cholesterol that is absorbed from food and helps the body to eliminate cholesterol through the colon.
- Stabilizes blood sugar: Slows down the speed at which we break down and absorb sugars, preventing a dramatic spike and crash of blood sugar, and instead slowly and evenly releasing sugars into the bloodstream. This reduces our risk of type 2 diabetes and obesity, and also helps us maintain energy and mental clarity throughout the day.
- Reduces heart disease risk: lowering cholesterol, stabilizing blood sugar and assisting with weight management contribute to reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Promotes healthy gut flora: Acts as a food source to healthy bacteria in the colon, helping to nourish a healthy gut environment.
According to Canadian guidelines, women need 25g of fibre per day and men need 38g per day, with 25% of this coming from soluble fibre. However, the typical North American diet contains less than half the daily recommended intake of fibre. Even if we are aware of benefits and sources of fibre in the diet, it is still challenging to get enough each day.
SOLUBLE FIBRE BLEND provides 5 grams of soluble fibre from a Certified Organic, non-GMO blend of Baobab and Acacia fibres that help to manage weight, lower cholesterol, reduce heart disease risk, and promote healthy digestion. It does not contain artificial sweeteners, colours, sugars, or additives, and is less likely to cause constipation than psyllium-containing formulas. SOLUBLE FIBRE BLEND provides a natural food source of fibre in an easy to consume form that helps us to supplement our daily soluble fibre intake
Soluble fibre is an integral part of a healthy diet. It forms a gel-like matrix that slows the absorption of sugars to stabilize blood sugar levels, reduces cholesterol levels, nourishes a healthy gut flora, supports weight management through curbing cravings and prolonging satiety, and reduces risks of diabetes and heart disease.
It can be challenging to get enough soluble fibre from food sources. Choosing whole grains, adding nuts and chia, and increasing legumes can help boost our soluble fibre intake. SOLUBLE FIBRE BLEND helps supplement our fibre intake by providing 5 grams of soluble fibre per serving. It is made from whole-food, Certified Organic and Non-GMO food sources and does not contain additives or sugars. SOLUBLE FIBRE BLEND is healthy way to boost your soluble fibre intake to reap the benefits of a high fibre diet.
How It Works
Acacia Gum Powder (Senegalia senegal)
- Easily digestible source of 4g of soluble fibre.
- Lowers LDL “bad” cholesterol, total cholesterol and heart disease risk.
- Significantly reduces BMI and body fat percentage to assist with weight management.
Organic Baobab Fruit Powder (Adansonia digitata)
- Easily digestible source of 3g of soluble fibre that is high in vitamin C
- Significantly improves satiety after eating to assist with blood sugar and weight management.
- Improves cholesterol parameters to reduce risk of heart disease.
Each Scoop (7g) Contains
Organic Acacia Gum Powder (Senegalia Senegal) 4g
Organic Baobab Fruit Powder (Adansonia digitata) 3g
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: None
Priority Allergens: None
Healthology does not use genetically modified ingredients. All ingredients are NON-GMO / GMO FREE.
Recommended Dose: Mix 1 level scoop (7g) in 250ml of water and consume once per day. Take with at least 1 glass of liquid. Maintain adequate fluid intake. Take 2 hours before or after taking other medications and/or natural health products.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, have difficulty swallowing, have had recent surgery or have upcoming surgery. May cause mild gastro-intestinal discomfort (such as gas, bloating, cramps).
Keep out of reach of children.